I don't think Matthew likes much our 40 minute commute, especially in the afternoon. He often asks to stop on the way home. Usually McDonalds or the park - some place with a play area.
Today as we were getting into the car to come home Matthew began to get a little agitated. He didn't want to buckle up. I told him we had to buckle up so we could go home....
Matthew: I not want to go home.
Me: Where do you want to go?
Matthew: I want to go to Whataburger.
Me: There's no playground at Whataburger. Why do you want to go there?
Matthew: I want to go to Quiznos.
Me: Why do you want to go to Quiznos Matthew?
Matthew: I want to go to Quiznos to get a sandwich and watermelon.
Me (laughing): I don't think they have watermelons at Quiznos.
Matthew: Yes
Now I should mention that we have only gone to Quiznos twice and the last time was more than a month ago. Also, Matthew doesn't really like sandwiches. If anything he takes them apart and eats the cheese. So it was quite odd that he would want to go there. Continuing....
Matthew: I want beer.
Me: What did you say?
Matthew: I want beeeeer.
Me (shocked and horrified): No, beer is for grown ups.
Matthew: I want beer Moma. They have beer at Quiznos.
Now I remember. Last time we went to Quiznos, I let Matthew have Root Beer. Now it makes sense, except for the part about the watermelon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment