Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Thanks Aunt Cheri & Uncle Dave

Even though it is still a few weeks until Matthew's birthday, he recieved his first gift today. It was a package from Aunt Cheri, Uncle Dave and cousins Mike and John. We decided we didn't want to wait until Matthew's actual birthday, so we opened it. Matthew was so excited. It was a tent! A kid-size indoor/outdoor play tent. Matthew kept saying "I've got my very own tent". He was pretending it was his house. He would say "Just one more kiss for Momma, then I go to my house and go night-night."

As bedtime approached I knew what was coming...
Matthew: Momma, I'm gonna sleep in my tent tonight.
Me: No Matthew. You need to sleep in your bedroom.
Matthew: I will sleep in my tent in my bedroom.
Me: I don't know if there is room for your tent in your bedroom.
Matthew (running into his room, moving toys out of the way): There is plenty of room!

So I moved the tent into his room. He collected his blanket and pillow, and I made a pallet for him. He didn't want stories, songs, toys or anything before bed. He started saying his prayers before I even turned off the light. I didn't hear a sound after I shut the door and now he's in there asleep in his new tent.

Before I shut the door...
Me: Matthew, you can get in bed if you decide you don't want to sleep in your tent all night.
Matthew: I not sleep in my bed. I like sleeping in my tent.

No comments: