Sunday, February 8, 2009

Space Center Houston

Yesterday Matthew and I took a trip over to Johnson Space Center to Space Center Houston. Matthew has been really interested in space, rockets and astronauts lately, so I thought he might enjoy it. Also, I didn't want the kids to totally exhaust Steve this weekend, since he's still recovering. Jackson was sick, so he didn't get to go with us.

Matthew was so excited. We loaded up some snacks and started driving. When we began approaching I45 on Beltway 8, I began to get concerned. Cars were slowing, stopping, not moving. When I could see down onto I45, cars were stopped as far as I could see. Uh oh. I started pulling out the snacks.

An hour and a half: that is how long we sat on I45. We finally made it there at noon. We had left the house at 9:30am. AGHH!! I was already tired.

The security is somewhat tight. Especially if you go on the tram tour. The tram tour takes you from the museum area to several of the working buildings including current mission control and the astronaut training facility. One of the things everyone is required to do before going on the tour is have their photo taken. Then, they have them all printed up to sell to you at an outrageous price when you finish the tour. Of course, I fell for it.

So, here we are on the Moon:

1 comment:

Amy said...

2.5 hours driving! OMG you should have just stopped by my house on the way and had snacks here! I-45 SUX!