Friday, August 29, 2008

Pre Vacation

The fun started Thursday night. I left work early, few errands, picked up the kids and headed home to finish packing. Get home, throw in last load of laundry. There is still much packing to do, plus cleaning since the maid will come while we are gone. The maids do a much better job if there aren't toys, clothes, blankets, forts, etc. all over the floor. Grampaw is supposed to arrive ~730 and the hubby is not sure when he can leave work. So far, okay.

Kids are very needy. Both want attention and start looking for trouble as soon as I begin any productive activity. Jackson keeps asking for apples. We share an asian pear and he eats some grapes. "More apples, peez!!" is all he keeps saying. You'd think I was starving the kid.

Grampaw arrives and I beg of him to entertain the kids while I finish packing. I'm trying to convince Matthew to help clean up toys, with the usual bribery and threats (are these the only parenting tools I have??). Ultimately, the toys get picked up (although a few things go in "Moma's toybox") and the kids are packed. However, it's 9pm, Steve's not home, kids aren't in bed, I'm not finished packing, Steve hasn't even started packing his clothes, and of course nothing is loaded in the car.

Steve gets home and starts packing the car. Once the enormous ice chest (the he loves and thinks is the greatest purchase ever) and the food and camping stuff is loaded, the back of the Expedition is pretty much full, and no luggage is in yet. Keep in mind we are packing for a wedding AND a camping trip, with possible mineral collection along the way. Did I mention that we have to fit 3 adults and 2 kids in carseats in this car too. Yay!

So we get it packed. My husband is very pateint with me, considering I'm in a pretty snippy mood and even offers to do the last of the dishes so I can go on to bed. Suddenly I can't be mad at him for suggesting that we go camping, and buying the largest ice chest known to man.

No comments: