Monday, August 18, 2008

Sad

The photos below are from our recent trip to Michigan. One of the days we were there, Steve's parents were busy, and all of his siblings had gone home, so we really didn't have anything to do. Steve's brother Dave mentioned that his wife Cheri's parents had a boat and enjoyed taking people out on Lake Erie. Dave asked and Mr & Mrs Colbeck generously agreed to come pick us up and take us out with them. We had a great time, and were so appreciative of their kindness.

Mrs Colbeck (Barb) passed away this past Sunday. She had been battling cancer. The day we spent with her she was weak, but in good spirits. She clearly enjoyed being around the children.

I didn't know her well. That day was the most time I'd spent with her and probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I'd met her. But, I do know she was kind. She was devoted to her church and her family. She was incredibly proud of her children and grandchildren. And, I know she prayed for my little boy when he was in the NICU as an infant. She was one of many who prayed for Matthew and our family. I deeply feel that each person who was with us during that time, in thought, prayer or presence is partly responsible for the perfect 4 year old we have today.

So now, I'd ask that you pray for Barb's family.

No comments: