Sunday, March 1, 2009

Speed Racer

Friday night is family movie night at our house. Sometimes it's a new movie, sometimes an old favorite. Last week, I got Speed Racer. Matthew loves cars and has several toy cars from the movie. He also has Speed Racer jammies, which are his favorite, but he had never seen the movie. I had previously hesitated in getting it for him because it's not fully animated and I didn't know if it would hold his attention. Plus, I had heard that it wasn't very good (not that that has been a factor in other family movie night choices).

So we watched it and Matthew LOVED it. It is probably the most excited he has ever been about a movie. He was yelling and cheering for Speed Racer in the race scenes. He actually slept with the movie a few nights last week before we even watched it. We've now watched it ~4 times. I actually really like it too, but maybe that's because Matthew's response to it was so cute.

This is the dance he did after the first time he watched it...

No comments: