Friday, March 20, 2009

Our day at the Zoo

A few weeks ago, on a nice Saturday, I took the kids to the zoo. Just me and the 2 kiddos...something I'd said I would never do again, especially on the weekend. It was better this time. I took our wagon, which helped a LOT. Only problem, it wasn't quite big enough for 2 boys and my BIG bag of snacks and drinks.

To be honest, the kids weren't THAT excited about the animals. These are the things they were interested in:
1. Riding the train
2. Riding the carosel
3. Playing on the playground
4. Brushing the goats
5. Buying sugary snacks like cotton candy and sno cones, even though Mom had packed a large bag of healthier snacks.
(6.) They wanted to play in the water play area, but Moma "forgot" to bring swimsuits. Darn.


So here they are brushing the goats.

There is a little chained off area, where the goats can kind of get away from the incessant brushing.


I tried to get a cute picture of my 2 little animals....

But, as usual, they didn't exactly cooperate.
Matthew, "I'm hugging him!"

And the carosel.

2 rides.





And finally, the train. We were majorly tired by this time and had to wait in line a long time, but it was worth it.

1 comment:

Amy said...

They are sooo cute! Can't wait to meet the older one someday. Zoo perhaps? Oh wait, we still have to go see the alligators!