We made it through the night here at the hospital. I thought there was no way I'd be able to sleep, but I did. I realize now how good I have it. A lot of the staff had to sleep on the floor!
Through out the evening the power flickered on and off, but went out for good, sometime after 10pm. Of course the hospital has generators, but they don't power everthing.
A few things that don't work with the generators:
TV
Lights in the bathrooms
Steve's bed
AC!!!!
So we're getting kind of hot. After being cold all week, wearing jeans and a sweatshirt, I"m glad I thought to bring a pair of shorts. I just had to change into them in the dark.
Winds and rain were pretty strong throughout the night, but don't look so bad right now. I don't see much damage from here; no trees limbs down, no wind scattered debris. But, looks like power is out as far as I can see. I wish I knew something about our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment